It’s been one of the wettest Springs I can remember, and that’s made it hard to get a lot done on the trailer. Without a workshop or garage, all sawing or sanding has to happen out in the yard.
Today was one of those rain, sun, rain, drizzle, sun–nope–rain kind of days, but Wayne had just enough time to get most of one bench and bench seat modified for storage access.
With the seat in place, he reached underneath to trace a line for the area that needed to be cut out. (Prior to this, he attached two of four support pieces to the upper bench frame. You can see the side pieces in place, after the center was cut out.)
He’ll make a small hole in the top of the seat so that it can be opened–and do the same thing for the other bench.
In the meantime, I’ve ordered 4″ medium-density foam which will be cut to match the shape of the bench seats:
We’ve also bought outdoor fabric at Jo-Ann’s for the cushions. After thinking we’d opt for a dark blue, we decided to get a green that will coordinate with the green in the curtains, and yet would go with other colors if we’d decide to switch out the curtains for a different pattern at some point.
For either camping or for more project work, we’re ready for some dryer weather!