On Saturday afternoon, April 28th, we put up new marine-grade hull liner fabric on the ceiling. For a variety of reasons, we decided to use three relatively short pieces instead of one long piece as we’d done the first time. (I’m SO glad we initially ordered a little extra fabric!)
The first piece (forward from the vent) went up quickly. While we DID have a bit of a gap at the sides, this picture makes it look wider than it actually was:
The next piece butted up to the previous one:
The third piece was a bit more challenging because we had to cut an angle to accommodate the shape of our “bathroom.” Also, since this piece would go to the top of the front window (which we’d covered with newspaper to protect it from the spray adhesive), we opted cut it a little longer than necessary and not glue the last couple of inches of fabric. This way we could glue it after we had precisely trimmed it.
Crazy, but what took the longest was getting the seam cover pieces cut and in place. By using shorter sections of fabric on the ceiling, we certainly had more seams, but I don’t really mind the look at all!
In my last post, I was considering ripping out fabric towards the rear of the trailer where there’s some sag. Nope, not happening now. If we find we DO need to fix this in a year or so, I’m almost certain that we can do it without removing everything.
We still have several projects and upgrades in mind, but for now I want to get the trailer thoroughly dusted and vacuumed, get the curtains washed, and put the clean sheets and blankets back on the bed. We need to get the trailer inspected, but soon (I HOPE!) we’ll be good to go. 🙂